Friday, August 20, 2010
Disadvantages of Hotel management
1. If there is a power failure while making a reservation, all the information has to be given again
2. If there is a power cut while there is a check-in or check-out, the guest need to wait for full server start up, hich make him angry.
1. If one staff mistypes the information than the guest might get angry
2. If there is a power failure, while making a reservation than the staff must redo the whole reservation.
3. When night auditing is being done all other user's must be logged off
4. If there is a virus attack the stored information can be corrupt and the wrong information may be given to the guest which might make him angry .
1. All the staff needs to be trained on the software
2. The software needs to be renewed each year
3. High risk of virus attack as the systems are connected to the internet most of the time
4. If there is a virus attack the stored information might get corrupt
5. If there is a power failure, the hotel runs a high risk of loosing all the stored information
6. If night auditing is missed one day there might be a distruction the next day.
7. Most cities / countries do not have local support. Support is possible via online only and sometimes it takes time.